Friday, 11 May 2007

Poland: Nil Points.

The last couple of days Ive been feeling quite shattered and generally feeling weird. After finally handing in my essays on tuesday I think my body has fallen into a lapse mode. I think ive shaken it off but its been a weird couple of almost daydream-like days.

Over the weekend I went out with a few of my friends to see a blues guitarist playing at the highly underrated arts centre in town. It was good, but the main point if this story is what happened towards the end of the night. We decided to go to an old pub called the Fox and Fiddle and all was going well until the landlords wife came over to tell us to drink up as it was last orders. Out of nowhere I asked her if she voted in the recent local elections, to which she replied in outburst of why the conservatives need to be brought back into power. I was half expecting this, hence the original question but what I didnt expect was the extent of her rant. It spanned from the 'faaking lazy polish' who come in and get drunk (yes thats right, pissed in a pub! how dare they!) to being taxed on her rubbish. To be fair, we were all gobsmacked and any retaliation was drowned by her barrage. The only thing I was interested in was the Poles. I havent seen any in Colchester. Im beginning to think that they dont exist, but apparently they do. So according to the Fox and Fiddlers land lady they come in and drink until theyre sick, live on benefits, children left right and centre and cant speak a word of English. Surely this is the average Essex muppet?

Tomorrow is the Eurovision song contest which is always good, Terry Wogan, dodgy German entrants and a string of poor ad libs from the host nation. Tomorrows is different though as it will be held in Helsinki. To commemorate this we're hosting our very own meatballs and mash party. I havent seen our entry but thats not the point as its all about cheese and strategic voting. Long live the Eurovision!

1 comment:

The Alfonsus Lizarazu's Project said...

Este lunes 14 de Mayo en la universidad Tecnológica de Bolívar, salón A1 106 sede Ternera, desde las 11:00 A.M. y durante todo el día, The Alfonsus Lizarazu´s Project presentará su primer video titulado NO PASA NADA. La proyección se hará durante todo el día.