Monday, 27 August 2007

Night Of Arts

During the last few weeks here there has been the Helsinki Festival which hosts an array of events from opera to capoeira. Due to the dissertation nonsense and lack of money we havent been able to see as much as we would like but still we have managed to see quite a bit. One of the grandest annual nights of all is the Night of Arts which was last Friday. Everything on this night is free so we found ourselves in the centre of a busy Helsinki. As I said on an earlier post I think this is my 5th or 6th visit and although I have seen quite a lot of Helsinki I feel that this trip has been the best. I don't quite know why this outing has been so good but I think that one of the main reasons is that over the previous visits I have merely been learning and understanding the Finnish culture whereas this time I have gone beyond learning and actually started to enjoy it and take it all in. Anyway d'yer 'wanna to see me holiday snaps?? Heres some pictures from the Night of Arts:


Some people on poles outside the Finnish Parliament




Some 'canoe dancing'.



A sauna that is made out of mud bricks.





The view across to Helsinki Opera House


And finally me and my old mate Jone Nikula- pop idol judge/musician/novelist/Rock manager/DJ and Cyclist who makes Simon Cowell look like a poof.

1 comment:

Vuokko said...

The fact that I was there, and actually took that picture of you and Jone, I still feel quite surprised to see you standing next to that scary, but oh so gorgeous, man.