The run-down to the end of March is now official and I am feeling as anxious and nervous about nearly everything. Thankfully my job will continue until at least the end of May, which sounds like a good thing, but in reality is awful as I am not enjoying it as much as I wish I could be. I took my last tutorial the other day expecting it to a nice ending to the year but I felt a bit deflated and sad. Its been a really good experience with the teaching but now im left with all the marking of essays.
This weekend I will go to Brighton with the intention to have a good time and see new things. We'll see how that one works out. At the end of the month I will go to France and visit a friend in Lyon which I am really looking forward to. There are nice things around the corner in this life sometimes, its when I return that I will start to panic again and stress about the mundanity of life. I shouldnt let it get in my way but I guess I cant help it.
Other than this news I read a really good article the other day about music and politics which got me thinking about my relationship with the two. I am not 'into' music as much as I used to be, at least not new music. The one thing that did become apparent on reading it is that I dont know (personally know) anyone who was involved in any of the music movements. My parents were too young for the hippy/60s movement and maybe too ''busy'' for the 1980's anti-Thatcher music - so in essence does the bond between music and politics exist? I think it does exist but is only enjoyed (sadly) by a few. What is definite is that it isnt as strong/passionate as it was back in the 80s. The brilliance in this article lies in the fact that the Guardian, generally, love to rubbish Cameron's claims and try to make him look like the twit that he is. More than this, he comes across as an arrogant elitist throughout-of course you didnt understand the music David- YOU WERE AT ETON! The walls are 6ft thick.
After reading this article I read about Billy Bragg's meeting of the Queen with the Bard stating 'I didnt meet the queen, she met me'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment