I dont really like to update for the sake of an update but today I feel the need to do so. Its been a good start to the year and it is mad that it is already March. For me it feels like I have been doing absolutely nothing yet at the same time it has been a period of massive changes and development. I am preparing myself to say goodbye to the teaching which will cease at the end of March. This has been the biggest development in my life and it is only now that I really understand the importance of it. Ive actually done something that I have subconsciously wanted to do for a long time-teach- and the honest truth is that I feel completely at home with it. I have said before that being/staying at Essex feels like i am in my comfortable zone or I feel that it is easy to go from student to staff but the truth is that without this change I would not know what the next step is in life. I also constantly say that I hate to sound pretentious and make a Jesus story for every step of my life but I guess this time it is okay to continue the Jesus-ness.
So now that the teaching will end shortly I have found my feet in life and am more content than I have ever been. With this comes a new found confidence (and hapiness) which has let me apply for jobs and institutions I would never of dreamed of this time last year-or ever. I should and I am feeling worried for the future just like everyone else, but having the knowledge of what you want to do or what you want to become makes the worry a little less immediate or indeed relevant. I hope that I will remember this part of my life and look back at it with fondness but I am sure that in time it will blend in with the rest of my history like colourful plasticine blends to make a nice poo colour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad to hear everything is going so well Dave. Finding confidence is really something that is worth its weight in gold. Best of luck with what i'm sure are exciting new prospects for you
Post a Comment