I've been stuck in bed all day today fighting some weird fever/vomiting illness that just wont die. Out of sheer boredom I decided that the best thing for me to do was to have something to look forward to. When I get ill I usually make a pact with myself, something along the lines of 'when I'm better, I promise I will be active, say hello to my neighbours more and fix that bloody drawer that doesn't shut properly'. Of course, once the illness has passed my pact goes out of the window and runs down the road shouting 'loser'. I then go back to eating crisps, laughing at crap panel shows on bbc iPlayer and banging my drawer until it closes shut.
Ah ha!
But today I thought to myself, 'hey why not do something
now so that when the repercussion comes you will have to do something you lazy shit.' So I've ordered myself a potato grow bag.According to the website I should e able to yield about 20-30 lbs of potatoes over the winter. Yeah eat that Boris Johnson! My real pact though is that when the spud-bag arrives I will get more of these little sacks that sit out in the garden. Peas, carrots, peppers, maybe a goat... the list is endless. The truth is that come March I will probably end up with a mouldy sack damp with next doors cat wee.

The soon to be cat-piss-infested potato sack
No comments:
Post a Comment