As the chap from the Fastshow would put it, 'this week i have mostly..... been feeling mistreated by society!'
There has been a few (I say few, but replace that with about 12) events that have really made me wonder why I bother to get out of bed and act like a normal person this week. On Monday evening my computer had a virus, leaving me no other option but to wipe off everything-pictures, essays, valuable websites that i've forgotten about, music, videos. Then on valentines day our toilet/sink/bath conveniently blocked itself which resulted in a bath full of shit and water. By Thursday things were getting better, 're-cycle' a local charity bike shop promised to fix my bike for free as one of my friends was purchasing a new bike there. This morning I arrived to pick it up to find that an '£8 donation would be nice' label attached to the handle bars. Feeling embarrassed and slightly angry I claimed that there was no fee to pay. With no one there who was at the shop the previous day i was forced (I say forced, but imagine haggling with a charity shop-its just not the 'right' thing to do) into paying £10 pounds for a few nuts and bolts and a seat that I didn't want replacing.
I returned home and quickly searched for something that I saw in a Helsinki Art Gallery last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w84qzHdEms ....ah that feels better doesn't it?
Its also available in German:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMixEXn2SG8&mode=related&search=
Finnish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBN4dkiREd8
and Russian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlpxOw86xA
And my personal favourite-for children- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqNG6VTKRh0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment