I was told when I started this blog that I would easily become bored of it and jack it all in, I started to feel like that exactly 30 seconds ago-but I'm here now updating like an eager beaver that I am. To be honest the reason I haven't updated is because I haven't been up to much, although the truth is i have and I'm too lazy to talk about it.
Last week I did 3 things that were positive and have had an impact on me:
Firstly I had a 'jam' with one of my friends from uni, I haven't played with anyone for a while and I was negative when asked to practice. But from the start it was a good thing, i genuinely enjoyed it. Without sounding too pretentious I guess I've felt the scars from the ending of my last band.
I then went to see my old work friends band Rizzo http://myspace.com/rizzotheband again I was a bit sceptical of going as I thought it would bring back old feelings of being in a band. Of course it did, but again in a positive way. I spoke to my old friend Nick and it was all in all a good affair. Incidentally the main band were pretty good, which has made me rethink my old notion that all local bands are dismal or ostentatious. http://www.gracemusic.co.uk/ they are not really something that I would go for but the lead singer really reminded me of Morrissey...and that guy from idlewild... and check out his odd hair...it was captivating (it was really odd). In fact all the members were random, like they had just met at a bus stop or in a telesales job.
Finally I changed one of my courses to Human Rights and Philosophy, which has had a positive impact. In general I have never really dabbled with Human rights law, which obviously isnt because I disagree with it or a human right sceptic, I merely fear the possible confrontation that may occur If I end up in an argument. I would probably lose my balance in such a situation and fall down a very dark hole. Anyway this course isnt so much law related and gives a nice balance to the endless cases that I have to read for other classes. Which is nice.
This caught my eye today as well http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2006102,00.html
I have been to the Cavern, which was really odd, it didnt look like what the cavern that was in my mind..more like a kids play centre with a bar. But it was nice to walk where the famous four would have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment