
Last night I went to campus to see a mini festival held in the Universities three main venues. The festival, entitled 'Love Music, Hate Racism' was a mixture of music genres, from Indie to Beatbox and trip-hop. In all, it was one of the best nights that the Union have organised, however I have to say that there was a lack of punters, compared to the usual Saturday night mainstream dribble that is spewed from the clubs week in, week out. One of my friends commented that we shouldn't expect too much from uncultured Essex students, but i think what was more shocking is that no one was there for such a good cause. The campus is notoriously packed at the weekend which usually puts me off from going, but the only time you really want the campus to be full-its half empty. Furthermore essex is one of the most multicultural Universities in the UK. So whats going on here??
The venues were full of flyer's, free Cd's and leaflets, stating BNP facts and figures- there was even the chance to register your vote against the far right parties. Apart from the music it was a good chance to let yourself become aware of the madness that is going on in this country. Today I have been looking at the BNP's Manifesto/Policy and website www.bnp.org.uk/ . Again I'm shocked and scared as to what these nutters have got to say for themselves. I think everyone pretty much knows the deal with this bunch, but when you start to read deeper you realise that they really are morons. For example one article read 'Viking descendants defend their town against Muslim encroachment'. So Vikings are different to Muslims? They're both immigrant groups!
I really shouldn't waste my time on their website but I had to take a look and see what their plans are for the future. For the record Nick Griffin (BNP leader) sees himself as a working class hero, however he grew up in a middle class village in Suffolk and then went on to read law at Cambridge. The truth is it looks like a bunch of builders have drawn up the policy papers with a crayon whilst leaning on The Sun.
The venues were full of flyer's, free Cd's and leaflets, stating BNP facts and figures- there was even the chance to register your vote against the far right parties. Apart from the music it was a good chance to let yourself become aware of the madness that is going on in this country. Today I have been looking at the BNP's Manifesto/Policy and website www.bnp.org.uk/ . Again I'm shocked and scared as to what these nutters have got to say for themselves. I think everyone pretty much knows the deal with this bunch, but when you start to read deeper you realise that they really are morons. For example one article read 'Viking descendants defend their town against Muslim encroachment'. So Vikings are different to Muslims? They're both immigrant groups!
I really shouldn't waste my time on their website but I had to take a look and see what their plans are for the future. For the record Nick Griffin (BNP leader) sees himself as a working class hero, however he grew up in a middle class village in Suffolk and then went on to read law at Cambridge. The truth is it looks like a bunch of builders have drawn up the policy papers with a crayon whilst leaning on The Sun.

1 comment:
Hear hear!
Post a Comment