Wednesday, 26 September 2007

Read on if you like cheese....

Since I started Uni I began to think that everyone I met had an impact on my life. This is true and can be proven through the people I have met. Most people don’t stay very long, in fact I may have only known someone for a couple of months before they went back to their own country. Some people come and go and some stay for a long time. Anyway, my point is that everyone has their little part or role in shaping me or making me think differently. I haven’t really met anyone new in a while but now I am at work I have met people who I would never have met before. People from different class and creed, from different backgrounds etc.. One of them I sit next to everyday at work. If it wasn’t for him I think my job would be completely boring and I would lose the will to live by 10. The chap I sit next to is cool and although he comically looks 37, he is my age so we get on ok. We probably wouldn’t have crossed paths outside of work as he is an artistic actor type person and I am a boring law person. My point is that this one guy has kept me a sane in a dull job and I have learnt a lot about stuff I would never have known (like the ins and outs of being a struggling actor and what its like to be ginger), and hopefully he has in some way learnt something from me. Eventually we will go our own ways and maybe never see each other again, which is sad, but at the same time how life goes. Just like others who have been and gone, I think of them and smile, or pull a funny face, or sigh and think ‘what the hell was he/she about?’ And so the circle goes…people come and go and, some with impact, others without (going to the extreme of corniness!!) we live and learn etc etc the end.

So that’s what I was thinking about today.

No comments: