A fair bit of water has passed under the bridge since my last update which seems a lifetime ago and I can literally feel Christmas’ sharp consumer obsessed teeth biting my arse. Therefore I feel that I little update is required. I have a lot to do before the Christmas break and strangely it is all academic based. Since I submitted the dissertation in September I have become more involved in the academic world than I ever was when I was studying. The GTA position is brilliant and I am really enjoying it. It’s a real pleasure to teach something that I not only enjoy but also want to learn more about. I have literally gone back to the beginning with EU law. I am reading the new edition of the undergraduate textbook and learning it all again through the eyes of a student and a GTA. Although I am in the class for 50 minutes the classes fly by in what feels like 5 minutes. Apart from the teaching I am somewhat treated as an equal in the only University that I have ever known. Its an odd feeling but a good one. The only downside is that every week that passes is an extra week when I could be doing a PhD. My would be supervisor has given me access to a Legal Library in Russell Square, but that’s as close as the PhD as I get. I have had far too many talks with other tutors and would be supervisors that I am somehow sick of talking about starting the PhD and desperate to actually start it. I have applied to other universities but there is nothing just yet to get excited about, although I may here something by the beginning of next year.
Work is pretty much benchmark office/governmental work which bores me to tears on a daily basis but pays the rent and what not. This is obviously compensated by my weekly stint back at University and overall I guess its not going too bad. I think me and Vuokko did go through an anti-London episode but it hasn’t turned out too bad. Its expensive as Tokyo jewellers and there is the robotic feeling of getting-on-the-tube-going-to-work but I’ve started to ‘live for the weekend’ which is awful but an honest summary.
Now that I finally have internet at work, im going to be doing a lot of updating and what not to pass the time away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment