Right then.. a quick round up of the last month or so..
I cant sum up has happened as not much has really happened but at the same time a huge part of my life ended (leaving colchester) and a new chapter begun (moving to London). I, at least, left Finland feeling a bit anxious about the whole thing but now I feel at least partially integrated into a London life. We have a bedsit in North London and ive even managed to get a temp job in the civil service working for the VOA (council tax to me and you..) which overall is much more than I ever anticipated. Two Mondays ago Vuokko had a rash and headache so therefore went into hospital with suspected meningitis which threw us both off balance. The rash/headache didnt turn out to be meningitis but she has been feeling terrible since. I have seen her go through quite a lot of physical pain over they ears and she usually handles everything thrown at her but this was something else. The pain climaxed a few days after her being discharged from hospital and ultimately she broke down in pain and frustration.
The hospital couldnt work any of it out and by the end of the week the best analysis was exhaustion. So now we are here in Islington finally back to normal, however it would be an understatment to say that the last few weeks were hard and that actually 'living' here hasnt started yet. Im still physically and mentally tired from it all and hopefully this next week will be a return to normality.
My job is quite dull but the civil service was something I couldn't turn down and is something that i could hopefully progress in but we'll see. I will be there until at least the end of december so if anything it will be a good bit of experience. Apart from that theres not much to report. Tomorrow we're going to see a dutch (danish?!) band called 'Oh No Ono'.
This wasnt the best update but its the best i could muster up right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well it was good to read it , so keep us all up to date
Post a Comment