I had a pretty good weekend, in fact probably one of the best since I’ve been in London. Friday I went to the last Sibelius and Beyond concerts organised by Vuokko's work place which was really good. I have been going to a few of these and although they are something that I wouldn’t go to on my own accord they are nice to see. After this we went to the pub and then an after party at one of Vuokko's friends near London Bridge. I think the best part of this was taking the taxi across London bridge which was amazing. The view across the river is something else and is something that I have never done before. I've got to know Vuokko's friends and it is sad that they will be leaving soon. But overall the night went really well and I haven’t enjoyed myself so much in a long time.
Saturday my friend Ian came to visit, which was miserable to start of with as, I had a semi hangover and was generally tired. But the evening picked up as we went to a few pubs and then Angel's Kings Head Pub which we have wanted to visit for a long time. There we saw a blues band which on closer inspection turned out to be transvestites. I got a bit obsessed with this idea and although the idea of a transvestite band is not unimaginable, actually witnessing one shocked and inspired me no end. Anyway I don’t want to turn it into a big deal so I'll say no more than maybe I am a David Cameron at heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment