Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Today was my last tutorial of the autumn term and generally I'm happy its over. This term has been really good and I have enjoyed the teaching so much but I really hate the commute. Next year will be even better as the course looks at what I find interesting in EU law and so I guess I will be more eager to go to teach and possibly not mind the commute as much.
I also received my dissertation grade and final mark for the masters. I got an overall 2.1 for the masters but a 1st in the dissertation which I'm so happy about. I really didn't think that the masters would ever end but I think with the grade I received I can finally close the page on that era of my life. So whats next? I don't know. And this subject has been bugging me like hell. I can now officially apply to Helsinki which is good but the waiting will probably do my head in. Maybe I'll just have to try not to think about it.


I have also been reading a manuscript for someone at Helsinki which has been quite good (despite the moaning). It feels good that finally I am being rewarded for the work I have put into law and the masters. I am roughly half way through the work and I really have to get it done before next week.

Back to the teaching, its been such a learning curve... I have to know the subject so well and Its weird to go back and learn a subject so well. I have had to 'crack' certain cases and areas that I have always ignored or avoided so its refreshing to not be afraid and confident about the subject as a whole.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the grade Dave, I know you really deserved it, so good to see you rewarded for it. Also i'm glad to hear you've found the teaching rewarding, and best of luck with the application to Helsinki