I feel that I have to say something about the captured British navy personnel in Iran . For me its just the response that the west have given to the situation. I understand that Iran (or the UK) have broken international / high sees law but why is there all this fuss surrounding the way they have been treated?? It seems to me that more milk spilt over these 15 people compared to all of the terrorist kidnappings over the last 3 years. Tony Blair has deemed the televised confessions 'disgusting'. Disgusting?! come on Mr B, it isn't that bad. Its not as if they have them tied up in orange overalls and blindfolded. its not as if they have been tortured and beaten black and blue.
Firstly the captured navy crew seem quite well and in good spirit, secondly anyone under those conditions would do the same. Go along with whatever they say and don't get into trouble. I'm not saying that this will all blow over and will end in a big jolly laugh with all the leaders of the world rejoicing and patting each other on the backs ''..ho ho we got you there didn't we?''. But It does seem that the west are milking it. The best was George Bushes delayed response (yeah like you've been in big diplomatic meetings all week) claiming Iran's behaviour as inexcusable. So blowing the shit out of a country is ok is it?
But lets not forget the good 'ol EU. They have officially branded the kidnappings as 'unacceptable'. Well la de da!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wanna hear how annoyed and stressed out you are about your essays! I need to know that im not the only one in this world who have left all the work on last minute (again). x
come on, dave! I want to know what is going on in your life!
Post a Comment