Today I went to see my supervisor for my dissertation to discuss my PhD research proposal for Kent and I received an overwhelming response and now I dont know quite what to do. I had a really good talk and we agreed on everything that I proposed in my research, it was almost bordering creepiness on how much we agreed. The current situation is that I could easily stay in Colchester for the next 4 or so years and complete my Phd with the same supervisor with the possibility of teaching. Or I could go to Kent and start afresh with a new supervisor and a new environment.
At the beginning of May i really wanted to go to Kent due to its EU ties and because one of my tutors recommended it as the department would suit my 'appetite'. But now these comments from my current supervisor have thrown me off balance, which is ok, but at the moment im feeling a little sentimental about Colchester, so these comments have made me want to stay. Now im completely stuck.
My friend Matt has kindly suggested that we should drive to Canterbury and meet my proposed supervisor so that at least I know what is exactly on off and to see whether or not I would get on with the department there. I think this is the most pragmatic answer to my dilemma as it would probably answer a few questions I have ringing in my ears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment