In short, the last week or so has been hell: the one long giant turd of hassle and complication that is moving. Its been difficult because we have no idea where we will be in a few months. Not only that but we have no permanent residence and so we have had to disperse our belongings to various people. Our friend Felix kindly rented a van and drove our belongings here there and everywhere (thanks Mr Behling I dont know where we would be without you or your Muller corner yogurts). Half of our stuff is at his place and the other half is at Matts (thanks to you as well!). Anyway before this turns into an acknowledgments post i'll just say that moving is painful and Im just glad that its over and now we can start to write our dissertations.
Me and Vuokko are both back on campus in a tiny room that overlooks the river colne and south courts. It is almost full circle as this is where we more or less first started. I would like to think that its nice and funny that we have gone full circle, but i cant help but want to move out of colchester and start something new. Nonetheless we are here now and its is here we will stay for the next two months.
My dissertation is still not going anywhere, although I think that now I am settled for a few months I should be able to crack on with it. For now I just feel washed out from moving. I cant begin to imagine what its like to move a whole house load of lifetime possessions. But then I don't really want that kind of boring 'real life' to begin any day soon. I know that deep deep down all this is worth all the hassle and that someday we will reap the fruits of our labour..and all that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment