Thursday, 7 June 2007

Dissertation Blues

Over the last couple of days I have begun some preparation for my dissertation that I will produce over the summer. The official title is 'A critical analysis of environmental citizenship within the European Union'. I am both excited and scared about this project and like most things the fear stems from the sheer size of the work. Where do i begin, what should i read, is the idea strong enough, is it too big-is it too vague??! I suppose I just have to get on with it, but I just don't know where to start. I can only really compare the feeling to when I was little and I had a wobbly tooth that was ready for pulling: I would sit there fiddling with it, like a cat clawing an almost dead bird, (mum or dad would say 'pull it out, pull it out') thinking should i just yank it out...or will it hurt too much? My brain says 'Maybe if i keep fiddling with it then it will come out in due time.' Deep down I knew that the best thing I could do is just yank it out then its all over and done with(...but will it hurt?!). Its exactly the same for this dissertation, i keep thinking if I just plod along It will all come together, but the truth is I need to give my self a good kick up the arse and get it done.

Just a few minutes ago I was flicking through the BBC website and found the most mental piece of news I have seem in a long while. I cant really comment on the news, its just too weird for words.

No comments: