Last week my grandparents came and dropped off a television to our flat which was very nice of them. But the thing is that I haven't had a telly since August so as soon as it was switched on my eyes have been sapping at the coloured pictures taking in all the usual stuff that has been on Bristish TV for the last 6 million years. The usual thing happened to me-I began watching Eastenders. Eastenders, the soul of the nation... the inner monologue of the working class people of the South East! Apple and Pears ...two Paaahnd a paahnd a banana....what you looking at? You mug...' and all that. Anyway it turns out Ian Beale is now preaching why its not cool to be homophobic and Walford has its very own non-swearing hoodie gang assaulting.....Dot Cotton (who else?). Hey, Eastenders knows the score. If you want to know whats happening in the UK then watch it. Accordingly London is full of poofs and hoodies....which sounds like one of Boris Johnson's policies to combat Ken 'im mates with Damon Albarn' Livingstone.
Speaking of bum face Tory-boys I also watched Michael Portillos programme on how to kill someone humanely. Everyone knows Mike as the face that symbolised the fall of the Tories under John 'more peas' Major in 1997. However I have taken a liking to 'down wid da kids' Mike, thats right i like the little rascal. Actually I have secretly admired him after watching him a few years ago in another programme where he swaps life with a single mum in Liverpool. But this programme proved he's a good ol bean. It received a lot of negative media such as what was the point in frying a dead pigs face or killing a rabbit with acid? But I thought the approach was good. Anyone could have made a programme that consisted of the presenter saying 'oooh killing is evil, America is backwards... look what happened to this poor sod.etc. But my mate Mike was more interested (and shocked! He has feelings) at the lack of research that had gone into execution processes in general. Not a bad turn around for a chap who supported (and voted for) the death penalty under Thatcher. Bless him. The little scoundrel.
So due to the telly situation today I have gone to the library. I am supposed to be putting together a proposal for Helsinki but instead im reviewing the TV for the last week. Time is slowly running out, in fact i have 12 days to finish it.
I wish Eastenders was on tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment