Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Over the years I have learnt from a certain somebody that its good to listen to what your body is telling you, that it is OK to eat outside of the ordinary or ‘set’ times during the day and It is fine to sleep and lay in bed until midday. Sod what everyone else thinks. What do they know? Grudgingly I have accepted this, I say grudgingly because I used hate to sleep late or eat outside of breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the past I have been sadly proud of my ‘skills’ that allow me to wake early and stay awake all day without naps or a rest. This has slowly changed and I am no longer ashamed to wake at 1pm on a Saturday or take a nap in the afternoon. But for the last week or so I have been tired beyond compare. I could blame it on all the stress that is ‘life’ but for now I can and will blame it on S.A.D. That’s right, seasonal affective disorder. I go to work feeling tired, I sit at work feeling tired and I come home feeling tired. All in all I am constantly tired and lack the motivation to do anything. Hopefully the storm clouds will leave Britain and the cold bright January that we should be enjoying will appear.

Apart from this everything seems to be going fine. I am glad to be living in London and although the first few days back from being away in Finland were harsh I have slowly got back into the swing of London life. Whilst my day job is a bit tedious I am happy to know that the teaching will start again soon and I will receive word from Helsinki regarding my application. I am happy to be living rather than existing. This is a corny and unoriginal slogan that middle-aged hippies use but that’s how I feel. I know that the doors are open for me and I know I am not scared to approach them-I just have to get my lazy power-napping arse back into gear.

No comments: