Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Ooooooo-hoooo-hooooOOOOoooo la la la la lah.....

...sings Bob Dylan's backing singers as the intro credits for the Big Lebowski roll. Some days you you can have the faith and belief of a 4 year old and other days you just dont want to get out of bed. Today has been the former. I have just finished my two hour teaching for the week and I feel at home. The last month has been a bit of a downer as I have had very little to do. I have realised that I just have to stay focused and busy with things otherwise I will lose track of my goals.

I now also realise that when at Essex I am in my comfort zone. I know the area and some people and the teaching is good. Its sad to see it as a comfort zone but that is what has happened. Once I got here I instantly felt good. but this also made me feel that I missed london. Its odd. I am not exactly a londoner, nor do I feel so attached that I would call it 'home'. But for now thats what it is. I look forward to going back there, but I also like to be here for a bit. Sometimes I think that I havent moved on and that can be interpreted in many ways but then I think of London and I realise its an achievment-at the very least to know my way around th city.

Having said all this, I will be glad to leave my comfort zone. I have no immediate plans for post-teaching (except maybe marking) but I will 'just have to wait and see'.....

No comments: