Wednesday, 4 July 2007

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth...and all that.

I really am in a bit of a pickle. As Canterbury went so bad I went to see a few of my tutors who have collectively convinced me that staying at Essex isn't such a bad idea. Im now at the stage where I'm convincing myself that staying here isn't too bad either. I really don't know what to think anymore. To top it all off, I managed to submit an extremely late application for funding that will be considered shortly. I can only say one thing-that Essex have always stayed loyal to me but is that a good enough reason to stay here?

Immediately after shutting the professors door at Kent I thought to myself, at least i still have Essex, AT LEAST I STILL HAVE ESSEX! Thank God. And that's what it is-a safety net, I'm going to do my PhD in a big fluffy safety net where everyone is maybe too nice to say a bad thing about me. I'll be like the cleaner or postman that everyone likes 'oh hi Dave...see the game last night...brilliant...yeah see you later' rather than being taken seriously.

2 comments:

Vuokko said...

höpöhöpö! They like you here because of your academic achievements and the great research idea. Theres so many people who support you on this!
No need to underestimate yourself Dr.Davies!

Unknown said...

I echo exactly what Vuokko said, don't underestimate yourself on this, your lecturers support you because the idea is good and more importantly, your the person to do it

Matt