Today I have been struggling with my dissertation which I had more or less abandoned last week. I can only go so far when trying to concentrate on one idea or theory so I tend to go off the rails - like tonight I have ended up listening to Jarvis Cocker and drawing pictures. I know that the only way forward is to just keep reading and writing but I feel at the moment all the reading I have done is like a big vegetable soup in my head with bits and pieces potato and carrot floating about all over the place. Its really difficult to try to concentrate on one idea and I know from past experience with law essays that its best to nail one idea and then move on but with this dissertation its completely different-it just seems that its all a big mess.
Apart from that I havent been able to think about much else. I am still waiting for a reply from Kent and Essex but I should hear by the end of this week. Today was a new record in which i received not one email all day, although I have an hour left until midnight I am pretty certain that no one will email me back. This sounds pathetic that I worry about such small things but not receiving emails has really started to affect me. I think I have sent out about 15-20 important emails out in the last week and I have received maybe 2 back.
This isn't the most entertaining blog update but I think it somewhat reflects my worries and problems in life right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment