Wednesday, 18 July 2007

Today was only good news. This morning I went to the squares on campus to watch the graduation action which I have to look forward to next year. The sun was shining and everyone looked happy as they graduated. There is a fair few international students at Essex which meant that there were all kinds of native dress from African to Chinese. The campus (for a change) looked beautiful and felt warm. After this I went to see the admin people in the Law department who told me that they had finally gained contact with my elusive supervisor to be who said he would supervise me for the PhD. This now means I have a good chance to obtain some funding for the 3 years. At around two I set off for my last day at work. It sounds silly but I never really like to leave a work place, of course not because of the nature of the work but because of the people. Some of the people there i trained with for weeks and has resulted in good friendships. I also received some wonderful Chinese 'poetry' from one of my friends who said that for her coming to work would be like eating an iced doughnut without the icing.

I have now just got back from work and read an email from my supervisor who has confirmed his supervision. I did a little robotic victory dance in my pants and now i cant concentrate on anything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well that really is excellent news Dave, congratulations, i refer especially to the funding, that is wonderful news.

I'm quite glad i missed out on the robotic dance though